How matt should matt paint be?

BSA WM20

Should light olive drab have an almost eggshell sheen to it? I'm only used to dark olive drab that was used on my BSA M20 and compared to that the lighter colour from Jeep Parts has a slight sheen to it. I thought it best to ask the question before I start painting!

Matt paint should be lustreless, I have always used undercoat, then gloss green paint before applying the matt coat....... but its vitally important that the paints are compatable. I always did the three coats onto some scrap metal sheet before applying to vehicle. The gloss paint is a barrier against the wet................... does not make me right, but its always worked for me.

I'd agree with Big Ray

I think this has been discussed before and the opinion is, that if wanting an original Matt finish then it pays to give an undercoat, and a silk or gloss first before the dead Matt.

I'm about to do just this on my Humber 4x4. I've ordered the paint from WARPAINT who are going to supply it 'Chalk Matt' like blackboard paint.

Jules