my Land Rover

gra88swb

Hi,

This is my Land Rover, I bought it in 1993.

summer1994.04.jpg

sold to me as a series 3. Not being well up on LR's I didn't know the difference between a 2a and a 3 but soon realised that something wasn't right.

Its been through a few face lifts, this being the first below.

It is going through another face lift due to the details I have found out over the last 6 months.

they are it is an FFR 24v, 40 amp toastie. All of the 24v bits had been remover if they where ever fitted.

one thing it does have is cut down windscreen hinges, see below. This is a military field modification.

I have all so found its ERM 45DM67.

Graham

DSCF0244.JPG

DSCF0113.JPG

CIMG2058.JPG

I suppose you could say that the first facelift was that which took it from looking like a proper Series II to a Series III. What you are doing is an anti-facelift, and the vehicle looks all the better for it. I don't think that the nasty plastic grille ever did the Series III any favours...

John.

Hello,

Glade to see another 40amp being done up, I was lucky my one had all the electrics working when I got it but it took me a while to get the rest of the bits I wanted.

Hi

welcome to the forum, please take the time to introduce yourself in the introductions board.

Regards Lee

• 2 weeks later...