Tyres!!

rodbargee

Apologies if this has been done to death already, I am trying to source some new/part used Michelin XZL 11.00r16's for the Sugga.

Michelin will supply them via a re-seller for the Discounted price of £780 per tyre!!!

My pockets ar not that deep! But is that the sort of money people pay for small truck tyres? and, how good are they? Are they worth the money? Any anecdotal evidence much appreciated.

Vrakking tyres have only one second hand one, but it seems a ferry trip is the only realistic way of bringing it or more back over here.

The Sugga is so low geared a 11.00 section seems the minimum size really to make it half practical. Would michelin XL be a more cost effective alternative (they have stopped manufacturing those I believe) or any other suitable candidates?

:-)

Discount? What discount? :cool2: I know tyres have gone up and these are the dog's donuts, but for not much more you could buy a 25" tyre!

Suggest you try these guys in Suffolk - www.fieldens.co.uk

I think they are part of Kirkby Tyres now. If they can't offer a really good price on new Michelin they may point you in the right direction.

They were heavily into 4x4s at one stage and will likely have reshod the odd Sugga or two in their time. Will probably be able to offer some alternatives.

Edited by N.O.S.
Spelig

Discount? What discount? :cool2: I know tyres have gone up and these are the dog's donuts, but for not much more you could buy a 25" tyre!

Suggest you try these guys in Suffolk - www.fieldens.co.uk

I think they are part of Kirkby Tyres now. If they can't offer a really good price on new Michelin they may point you in the right direction.

They were heavily into 4x4s at one stage and will likely have reshod the odd Sugga or two in their time. Will probably be able to offer some alternatives.

Thanks for that I'll try them:-\