Rare ones (if any left)

doug290

Does anyone have any idea as to whether there are any surviving examples of the following vehicles?

1/ Karrier KT4 Field Artillery Tractor used mainly by Indian divisions but believed some used by British units in N.Africa

2/ Bren or scout carriers (as opposed to the universal carrier range) As a point of interest can anyone tell me the last time any of these early models was in operational use and were remaining stocks converted to Universal carriers?

Locations of any photos of these, especially the KT4 would be appreciated

It was a K6 chassis on Milweb - the vendor suggested it could be used as basis for a KT4 replica.

There is, of course, a large scale model made by Rootes that exists in the Imperial War Museum (I think); along with models of other Rootes vehicles.

• 3 months later...

Around the planet there are non of the Cavalry carriers, MG carriers, or AOP MkI's left. However there are 2 Bren carriers (both in N.Z.) and an AOP MkII (in Australia) Of note is that there is one Scout carrier left, which has just arrived back in the U.K. after 70 years away. I wont say any more on this as it is the owners story to tell.

Invasion started 25th August 1941, withdrawal began 2nd March 1946 but Russian troops stayed on longer.

Does anyone have any idea as to whether there are any surviving examples of the following vehicles?

1/ Karrier KT4 Field Artillery Tractor used mainly by Indian divisions but believed some used by British units in N.Africa

2/ Bren or scout carriers (as opposed to the universal carrier range) As a point of interest can anyone tell me the last time any of these early models was in operational use and were remaining stocks converted to Universal carriers?

Locations of any photos of these, especially the KT4 would be appreciated

Hi Doug

I have, sadly, no info on any Karrier Spider FATs still existing, but they were used by the artillery regiments in Indian Divisions, most of which were British regiments. There are few pics of the beast in service, but they were certainly used by British regiments in Indian Divisions in both Abyssinia and the Western Desert,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...