Experimental DPM Smock?

Enfield1940

Hmmmm......I bought it !!!! :D Not arrived yet, but piccies WILL be posted when it does.........

This item is one of the SCRDE/APRE DPM trial garments from the 60s......so needed for the book..........

I actually owned a similar item to this a number of years ago now, but stupidly sold it before the book idea ever entered my muddled head.......it was essentially the same, but the DPM fabric a more "blue" shade on the green......AND, it had a non-detachable green fleece lining, similar to that found in Korean era British parka's.......dated 1963 I seem to remember and marked "GDS Branston" (Garment Development Section)..........

It seems that the military were looking at a number of different patterns for the future combat clothing during the 60s......and these garments were seemingly based upon the (then) current 59 pattern Denison smock design, albeit a tad longer and with an attached hood/lining, etc..........:-D