anyone read these two D-Day books?

Snapper

My company is clearing out it's reference library and I have picked up D-Day 1944 -Voices From Normandy by Robin Neillands and Roderick de Normann along with D-Day - Those Who Were There by Juliet Gardiner. The latter "accompanies a major Meridian and Westcountry TV series" - so you can guess the age. Anyone read these????????

I like Robin Neillands solo books and have high hopes for this one. The latter is more of a TV series book with dodgy picture captions - thus Grants are Shermans. But it does have brilliant contemporary newspaper cartoons - some by the great Carl Giles. Please let me know if I should wade through this pair.

I've started on the Neillands book. The opening chapter did not bode well at all, but now it has settle down with accounts from people who took part, it is worth a read. I am never sure how well co-authored books work because the style is diminished unless one is the researcher and the other is the scribe. But there will always be exceptions. The Meridian book is just a bit of froth, well meant but largely pointless, just there to cash in.