Ripstop DPM CS95 Gear

wdbikemad

I recently managed to find a well-used issue pair of CS95 trousers in rip-stop fabric.....proving their existence.....I think these date from the late-90s when issued on a limited scale to see if suitable for service.......

I have also noted a lightweight CS95 shirt/jacket for sale in rip-stop DPM fabric.........anyone know anything more about these...? The only rip-stop CS95 pattern shirt I've previously seen being the "Beaufort" aircrew issue.......

I recently managed to find a well-used issue pair of CS95 trousers in rip-stop fabric.....proving their existence.....I think these date from the late-90s when issued on a limited scale to see if suitable for service.......

I have also noted a lightweight CS95 shirt/jacket for sale in rip-stop DPM fabric.........anyone know anything more about these...? The only rip-stop CS95 pattern shirt I've previously seen being the "Beaufort" aircrew issue.......

Steve - can you post some pics? Would be good to see label details...

Please excuse my ignorance as im not really into 90s gear as such but i thought that all CS95 gear was Rip-Stop?

The field jacket (smock) and detachable hood was rip-stop from trial and on into production......everything else was poly-cotton or Goretex.....but it seems that both trousers and the lightweight shirt/jacket were, for a limited time, also made in a ripstop fabric.......genuine issue items are damn hard to find, but a have recently found a well-used pair of trousers and saw (but missed out) on the matching lightweight shirt/jacket in Ebay.....

My forthcoming book will stop at CS95.......

Every day is a school day:D:D:D:D

Was always under the impression that CS95 was all ripstop,remember years ago i had a combat jacket and while liked the features etc hated the material.

Hmmmm,would never have dreamed either that any of the items were rare and pretty sure somewhere i have a pair of unissued trs.