Jeep front road springs

Pete Ashby

Been trying to source a pair of new 9 leaf front springs for a GPW in the UK without any success any one have any suggestions I've tried the normal sources. I'm not fussed if their are Ford or Willys rebound clips.

I keep being offered Indian made springs that are not the same profile as the originals and have very different rebound clips.

Does anyone have any experience of using this type of spring in terms of fit and road handling, I can change the rebound clips if need be but I'm more interested in the performance of the spring in terms of road handling and ride.

Thanks

Pete

You will not find a repro ford spring with the bevel and all. MD Juan was supposed to have made some but they were horrid. I don't think they are available.

As long as the springs have the right length eye to eye and can carry the same load you should not feel and difference in handling.

Get a copy of TM9-1803B and look at page 99. Has the complete specs for both front and rear springs.

Take that to a shop and hand them some money. Visually they will not be the same, but mechanically they will be.