Universal Carrier electrical wiring

Raphael

Hello,

Electrical wiring in Carrier is protected in Iron conduits and i would like to know if it is still possible to find the bends and T that are used. They were built by Simplex but I don't know if this company still exists? I have a friend who fond these parts in an old industrial washing machine.

Thanks for your help.

Raphaël

That all looks like very standard electrical conduit and fittings, cast elbow and tee peace. Is that original to the carrier then????

Just search the internet and you get hundreds of hits!!!

Heres a link to Screwfix's range:

http://www.screwfix.com/c/electrical-lighting/metal-conduit-and-acc/cat1970002

The only problem maybe 20mm and 25mm rather than imperial sizes

Thanks for the information. I had a look on web page and some elbows are very similar. I thought steel conduits were no more used for electrical wiring due to insulation problems.

Yes, parts on picture are indeed from a carrier (C01UC stamped on elbow).

Cheers,

Raphaël

Rapheal, how many conduit elbows and 't' boxs do you need, You will find 3/4" and 1" on a carrier the difficult conduit fittings to get hold of are the split sandwich types used on the the division plate behind the driver. I can supply the elbows and T boxs you have pictured but they wont be marked with the CU number. I also have carrier parts to trade if you have anything up for trade.

kevin.

Always happy to see people working on carriers, as it saves me from getting one, but the number one source for carrier info is still the carrier forum on Maple Leaf Up;

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

I do keep an eye out here and on MLU as now and then something comes up on either where the other forum can contribute to the answer.