Falklands Weekend 5/6th May - Portsmouth Dockyard

Hi Guys

Is there any vehicle owners in the Portsmouth area of the types of vehicles used in the Falklands conflict interested in attending an Falklands weekend next month.

I know it is short notice, but if interested please can you contact me so I can forward your details to the Dockyard/RN.

Vehicles:

S3 109 Hardtop or Soft tops

Lightweights

101's

Beford Mk/MJ

Bedford RL (Recovery Only)

BV202 Snowcat

ST 4

Scorpion

Scimitar

Sampson

Centurian BARV

Eager Beaver

Towed rapier

Vehicles should be in the apropiate colours ie. Black and Green.

There is no camping or overnight facilities.

Thanks

Jonathan

OC Forces 80

• 3 weeks later...

Jon

I can't help with a vehicle but if you have access to an Amateur radio station we will be happy to give you a call from a similar event here at the Suffolk Aviation Heritage group near Ipswich on the Sunday - we hope to have most of the Clansman radios that went South operational on the day

Regards & best wishes for your event

Iain

Hi

Probably mostly 14MHz as the 322 is unconverted so USB only - we may try 3.615MHz AM first thing around 11am - our callsign will be GB2CRF

There is a topic for it somewhere under future events with no recent replies, if you want to continue there...

Regards

Iain

I agree - you are probably too close - I expect to start on 3.615 MHz AM or 7.187 MHz AM subject to conditions and interference before moving up to 14MHz to hunt as many other countries as I can. I will PM you my mobile and direct e-mail so you can ask for an update on our working frequency during the day. What callsign should we listen out for ?

Regards

Iain

(apologies for hijacking the Portsmouth thread)