Saracen gearbox

Rich C

Question

3 answers to this question

Can the gearbox be separated from the transfer box with the latter left in the vehicle? If yes how do you get to the nuts at the bottom of the gearbox?

I have the engine out now!

Thanks Rich

Hi Rich,

Answer is .. yes ! You have to lift the boxes up, pivoting around outputs, in order to separate, so this also allows access to lower nuts. Check the EMER, it should show the procedure.. Slacken clamps on transfer box to allow pivoting.

Hi Rich,

Answer is .. yes ! You have to lift the boxes up, pivoting around outputs, in order to separate, so this also allows access to lower nuts. Check the EMER, it should show the procedure.. Slacken clamps on transfer box to allow pivoting.

Richard to the rescue as always! Rich, you are on to the right man with valuble info!

Thanks both,

I have been working with av/BAOR/61/3 which is to remove both together is a little short of information. Looks like the 2 big nuts/bolt heads to the back of the collars. I have taken photos but have yet to work out how to attach to messages.

Also have checked the pressure reliefs on front bevel boxes while engine out.

Rich