Ferret interior paint, silver

robin craig

Question

As many of you current and former Ferret lunatics are aware the silver "flame retardent" (or something like that) paint is a so and so to find and apply in North America.

Infact this problem has been a stumbling block for my advancement of my Mk1 vehicle project.

I have tried a few different silver paints but all with the same dismal results, which are consistently the same. They silver rubs off on your hands and the paint itself is not "self healing" during the application stage and it show each pass of the spray can or brush and leaves a blotchy job.

This past weekend Al Duffy passed on to me a tip from Brad Mills about a paint available locally called "Armour Coat". ( the humour in the name is not lost on me!

I sprayed my fuel tank and it went very well and is a bit bright but i'm sure with time will dull down a bit.

As the paint went on in each coat it was different from the dry paint but within seconds dried to the same colour wihout showing blotches etc.

After fully drying is is hard and does not come off to the touch.

Thanks gents

R

ferret interior paint.jpg

ferret fuel tank painted.jpg

Edited by robin craig

3 answers to this question