Crossley on Ripping yarns?

rog8811

Due to a new family member, see photo, I found myself watching the Gold Channel at 6:00 in the morning:-|

Ripping yarns was on, a series I had fond memories of and had not seen for years.

The show was "Winfrey's last case" which I sat and watched whilst my sock was being chewed.

Around 2 minutes from the end there is a brief appearance of what looked for all the world like a crossley RFC tender, can anyone confirm?

Alternately the program is on again at 6:00 tomorrow morning on gold (chan 110 on sky)... that is sunday 12th Feb for late comers to this thread... have a look, see what you think.

PS I did try to find this show on utube, not available.

firstsnow06.jpg

cant help you with the tender. but lovely pup my owns nearly 6 now.her names sasha jez. ( say it in a gruff voice) and as to ripping yarns it still makes me laugh in the episode where after the germans had left. he still refused to leave .he only wanted to escape. and had constructed an entire aircraft frame/fuselage out of toilet rolls. lol. thet dont make em like they used to do they...

It is nice to happen upon a series that has not been repeated to complete boredom level. Ripping yarns appeals to my sense of humour.

Georgie has aged 1 1/2 weeks since I took the photo and is 2 killo's heavier, he is now 9 weeks old and a total sweetie.... well, not according to our long suffering greyhound kiera, she has just told him off for being too boistrous!

The show was "Winfrey's last case" which I sat and watched whilst my sock was being chewed.

Around 2 minutes from the end there is a brief appearance of what looked for all the world like a crossley RFC tender, can anyone confirm?

Do you mean this one?

Is it the Crossley currently at the RAF museum at Hendon?

jh

062.jpg

Yes indeed! I searched high and low for a photo of it, thanks for the confirmation.

The time before Mr. Palin became a traveller!

There was also a civilian Model T in that story.

The pictures are here, http://palinidle.topcities.com/mikepics/ripyarns/whinfrey/index.html

I must be bored this afternoon, other Crossley film stars,

In 'The Blue Max'

And,

In "The Wind that Shakes the Barley"

And perhaps most bizarrely,

In "Help"

Cheers

jh

022.jpg

i133065.jpg

i052216.jpg

thewindthatshakesthebarfw2.jpg