Motor Insurance Database

Tony B

Got a snotty letter from DVLA this morning. Apparentley my vehicle does not appear on the DVLA insurance database, so I'm due a fine! Phoned insurance company, they hadn't put the details on 'Due to a mistake'. Any way phoned MID, and got helpful pleasent service and reassurance. So check your own UK vehicles on www.askMID.com and if it isn't there or declared SORN chase insurance company immidatley. Anyway I'm off for a pint of Brandy a Vallium snadwich and a lie down, my usual response to this sort of cock up!:iamsmiling:

I know of somebody a year or so back who got pulled by the constabulary for having no insurance . They checked the puter which said 'no insurance in place' and said that they were going to book him . Fortunately our acquaintance had his recently issued certificate with him to prove otherwise and the boys in blue let him carry on his way but went on to tell him that the insurance database had an enormous backlog of info to be updated and in some cases the details were a year out of date , he was not the first person they had come across who did have insurance in place but whose details hadn't been updated on the system .