Are there ONLY 22* Loyd Carrier left in the world?

ajmac

I've found a CATI.... well what used to be a CATI, No 13 on my list (Page 11 on P-Os).

I have always thought that this restored Loyd had an odd looking body, the angles looked wrong. Look at the clips on the body supports they were added on CATI to hold the fold down side armour and if you look very closely you can see the additional CATI strengthening braces behind the bogies to support the extra weight of an all armour hull.

I've found a CATI.... well what used to be a CATI, No 13 on my list (Page 11 on P-Os).

I have always thought that this restored Loyd had an odd looking body, the angles looked wrong. Look at the clips on the body supports they were added on CATI to hold the fold down side armour and if you look very closely you can see the additional CATI strengthening braces behind the bogies to support the extra weight of an all armour hull.

here is another view of the same vehicle :

LoydCarrier_01.jpg

P-O

Nice photo, you can see the Belgian army recovery points on the axle (like mine), pity there aren't any interior shots and we could see if the driving position is off to the right or if it has been restored to wartime spec...does anyone know who owns it?

A few of Bob Grundys Loyd Photos from the early 90s...

Bob Grundy's Loyd TT Just after the restoration was complete

GrundyLoydFront.jpg

Budge Collection Loyd TT, looks to be in largely original condition.

BudgeLoydFront.jpg

Budge Collection Loyd, note all the internal storage racks for 6Pdr ammunition bins.

BudgeLoydRear.jpg

Unknown Loyd, presumably in the UK at a similar time to the other photos.

UnknownLoydFront.jpg

Recently came across some issues of Wheels & Tracks which I had hidden away. Inside Number 48 was a 12 page article about Loyd Carrier's. Thought that this picture might be of interest as shows some of the surviving examples which were around in 1994.

001-2.jpg

Smithy,

Top left is now restored and lives in The Netherlands, it is the dark earth (brown) painted one in the PDF, No21 on my list, below it is Bob Grundys Loyd...where is it now...there is a photo taken in the 1990s a few posts back.

Loyds are rather simple, just using brakes to slow either track to turn the machine, rather like a tank of the time.

Edited by ajmac

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Don't know if you know this one, it's in a private collection near Paris.

12032011600.jpg

Can get numbers/data etc. but will take a while before I visit again.

Cheers,

Lex

Edited by welbike
Subscription option selected, why is this not easier to do??