Jacket, Bush Khaki, 1950 Pattern

Eaglehurst

• 7 months later...

Hello Eaglehurst,

I'm new in this forum and write you to ask for a big favour, hoping not to bother you too much.

1. Could you please post a pic of the back of the jacket and a pic of one side of the jacket under the arm?

2. Could you please let me know if there are any vents on the back at the hem?

3. Could you please let me know if there are any pleats stitched down at the yoke and at the the waist, on the back of the jacket?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Italy, Dominic

Nice,got a couple( and the matching trs) as well.

Noticed a couple of nice ones listed on Ebay yesterday.

Thank you for replying Scotch Harry,

the ones on eBay are US Air Force tropical jackets, very nice jackets indeed!! I will probably open a specific thread for them ;-) but I was referring to the 1950 pattern British bush jacket, Korean war era.

http://www.manions.com/catpages/realize1.aspx~id~5998272

Any help? Thanks.

Hello Eaglehurst,

I'm new in this forum and write you to ask for a big favour, hoping not to bother you too much.

1. Could you please post a pic of the back of the jacket and a pic of one side of the jacket under the arm?

2. Could you please let me know if there are any vents on the back at the hem?

3. Could you please let me know if there are any pleats stitched down at the yoke and at the the waist, on the back of the jacket?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Italy, Dominic

Dominic - bear with me as I will have to find it!

Richard - if yours are easy to find can you help answer the questions above?

Cheers!

Thank you for replying Scotch Harry,

the ones on eBay are US Air Force tropical jackets, very nice jackets indeed!! I will probably open a specific thread for them ;-) but I was referring to the 1950 pattern British bush jacket, Korean war era.

http://www.manions.com/catpages/realize1.aspx~id~5998272

Any help? Thanks.

Dominic,dont know where you have seen the US ones but the 2 i saw yesterday from the same seller were 110% definitely British ones;)

As is probably obvious, the RAF had their own versions of tropical and hot-weather kit..........but it seems that there was much inter-issue of such kit between RAF and Army...............

The post-war KD stuff never seems (at the moment at least) to attract the attention (and value) of the similar OG kit......

I have some really nice cross-over belt KD shorts if anyone is interested........???!!:D ....and some green too.......plus a mega-small (size 13 collar) 60s issue MINT OG cellular shirt in OG..........all up for grabs.......

Dominic - bear with me as I will have to find it!

Richard - if yours are easy to find can you help answer the questions above?

Cheers!

Eaglehurst,

I'm delighted you've read my post and I really hope you find the bush jacket and post the pics as well. Thanks again.

Dominic,dont know where you have seen the US ones but the 2 i saw yesterday from the same seller were 110% definitely British ones ;)

Scotch Harry,

please could you post the link you mentioned? Many thanks.

As is probably obvious, the RAF had their own versions of tropical and hot-weather kit..........but it seems that there was much inter-issue of such kit between RAF and Army...............

The post-war KD stuff never seems (at the moment at least) to attract the attention (and value) of the similar OG kit......

I have some really nice cross-over belt KD shorts if anyone is interested........???!!:D ....and some green too.......plus a mega-small (size 13 collar) 60s issue MINT OG cellular shirt in OG..........all up for grabs.......

wdbikemad,

now the conversation is getting very interesting. RAF version of tropical bush jacket? I would be very curious to see one.

I presume made with better fabrics...