Abandoned LR Ambulance in Lochearnhead Scotland

tartan-ninja

Hardly Abandoned !

On private fenced land - the owner will not wish for this type of internet publicity for obvious reasons.

VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA: DVLA

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for DNP 159H are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2011

Date of First Registration 05 01 1998

Year of Manufacture 1969

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2286CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status SORN Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval

Looks in good nick to me ! Certainly better than my series I sat in the garden at the moment, which as my missus will tell you isnt abandoned simply 'waiting its turn'..!

Blanchards had literally dozens of sII ambulances lined up in their yard until quite recently. Heard they were selling them for anything between £250 and £1000 depending on condition. Not for the faint hearted though from all accounts...

• 1 month later...
Blanchards had literally dozens of sII ambulances lined up in their yard until quite recently. Heard they were selling them for anything between £250 and £1000 depending on condition. Not for the faint hearted though from all accounts...

Not for the faint hearted? I bought my Series 3 ambi from them in 2007 and whilst it was complete and unmolested, having been outside for 10 years, yes it has required much work! Wiring, gearbox rebuild, new cylinder head (gasket had gone so that was the excuse needed....), countless little bits like door retainers, new roof vent covers etc. Just got an overdrive and still got the rotting top rail to weld too.... I shudder to think how much has been spent on it - way, way more than the £595 I paid for it! Still - all good fun and worth every penny. I think.... :-D When I went across to Blanchards to look, yes they had many - like about 100 or so! Virtually all S2A (only 8 or so S3 when I got mine), all right hand drive, all equally time worn. That's why they're still auctioning them off through eBay now, 4 years after I got mine! Dunno what's left now though....