Whats the best Needle Gun.......What have you got?

Rover8FFR

Clive has shown me the needle gun he uses and the results are impressive. Made light work of FV1609, must be said

Having just commented on a Ferrett that has been resprayed rather nicely...

Begs the question as to which is the best set to buy?

Which one comes already with the chisels etc?

What is the minimum size compressor you can use?

How does Cfm affect quality of paint / rust removal?

What is the best airline type?

I have a 50L 2.5Hp compressor and wonder if it is good enough for such a task?

Thanks in advance.

I have the Clark/ Machine mart straight needle gun. It is cheap but it works fine.

They do an attachment to fit a needle gun head to an Air chisel but I am not too sure that would be as good (but on occasions would give better access)

I find that my 2.5 BHP compressor just about keeps up with the air usage.

I have the Clark/ Machine mart straight needle gun. It is cheap but it works fine.

They do an attachment to fit a needle gun head to an Air chisel but I am not too sure that would be as good (but on occasions would give better access)

I find that my 2.5 BHP compressor just about keeps up with the air usage.

Thank you Antarmike.......Keep them coming people......:-)

This sounds like yours........

CAT84_Needle Gun Set.pdf

Edited by Rover8FFR

ISTR a thread on here along the same lines a few years ago, I got the MM clarke one. It failed after a while and they repaired it at no cost. Not sure which model, but it was the long striaght one.

Previous thread??? Don't know m8 I am a fledgling on Forum. The MM Clarke one appears very popular. I know the type you are referring too. :cool2:

Make that 3 votes!

I use the clarke one as well. Not the chisel with attachments but the long, tubular, dedicated one. It has 3 strength settings on the main spring which is useful.

I use a 20cfm diesel driven compressor though, so bags of air. I find 60psi for light use on thin casings and 120psi for all-out black-scale-rust destruction! And going through the odd plate.....:shocked:

Go for it, you'll never regret buying one........... :cheesy:

Alec.

i own a clarke one (the one with the removable needle attacthment and chisels) and used it for years. however it wasen't till i bought a dedicated needle gun made by Gerber that i realized how much air the clarke one used. i have also noticed all the other clarke tools i've used at work ect all seem to to use huge amounts of air. To sum up i was happy with the Clarke one till i bought a better one