Reo M35 Hard cab

Johnh

Hi Johnh

Any bits i need for my General i get from Marltrax as i maybe just as easy to replace than repair.

boomboom

Ok let me word my question differently ? Is the repair simple ? are the parts easy to get is it a big job ? I certainly would expect to replace rather than weld etc, just asking for some guidance, as I know the prospective purchaser just wants to play, I will be left to fix it !

That depends on your skill , if you are good at welding and grinding should be no problem, i should think there are very few people on here with hard cabs and even less who have had to reapir them , steelsoliders is the place to find out .

rgds

bob

That depends on your skill , if you are good at welding and grinding should be no problem, i should think there are very few people on here with hard cabs and even less who have had to reapir them , steelsoliders is the place to find out .

rgds

bob

Thanks Bob,

no not very good at welding but have a few at the museum who have offered to help me out, I will be left to do the grinding cleaning up and painting, I was shocked that the gent had let the rear cab window track get into such a state,is the rear panel alloy or steel ?

forgive my ignorance but, im guessing its the bottom runner,

could it be removed and repaired reasonably with a cemical metal ,and replaced the other way up? this would stop most of the water getting in! would be a cheap easy fix.

i have a steel top on my 715 and without looking im sure it could be easy enough????? :undecided:

• 2 weeks later...
forgive my ignorance but, im guessing its the bottom runner,

could it be removed and repaired reasonably with a cemical metal ,and replaced the other way up? this would stop most of the water getting in! would be a cheap easy fix.

i have a steel top on my 715 and without looking im sure it could be easy enough????? :undecided:

Hi Jimmy, I may have sourced a Reo in Norfolk way, Near Attleborough actually, that has a soft top so may be able to get a 'hard cab' from Marltrax