Scammell Front 1944

I've seen that photo on the front before. It is a well known faked photo taken by 'Chets Circus' in the desert. They were well known for staging photos during WW2 in the desert and the explosion is a hand grenade used for effect.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice shiny staples here :-D

I was given a small 1941 war office book called Notes On Recovery, I have never seen another one. Is this very rare?

It's staples are too rusty to allow scanning which is a shame as it has some interesting bits in it.

A copy of "Guide to Recovery; Layouts for A & B vehicles; Recovery Notes &Vahicle Data" is available online at the AEC Matador & Militant owners club website - http://www.aecmilitant.co.uk/downloads.html- dont think this will be the same as the book mentioned by Gritineye as it is a REME training publication (undated)

Could I also mention this site - http://www.raeme.info/toc.php?cat=rec&item=1#article - which has a copy of an article called Recovery in the feild [1944]"

Noel

@ Clive - Scans received in good condition, Thank you very much.

I note that the last page credits pictures to the article from "british machine tool engineering" to which I referred in the last link I posted (recovery in the field) - the whole of the Jan/Feb/March 1944 issue of British Machine Tool Engineering was dedicated to articles about REME but the section I linked to is the only part of this magazine I have ever found - anybody know anything about the rest of this magazine?

@ Gritineye - That certainly looks like an interesting book.

Seasons Greetings

Noel

Just won this on Ebay, nice bit of Scammell history, eight pages, a nice article on desert tank recovery and some good pics, surprised I was the only bidder, are they very common?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38725[/ATTACH]

Is there a chance of reading the full article?.... I have a 1941 Scammell here in New Zealand. Sounds like a great article. Cheers Kevin Watkins

Is there a chance of reading the full article?.... I have a 1941 Scammell here in New Zealand. Sounds like a great article. Cheers Kevin Watkins

Hi Kevin.

If you send me your home email via pm i will send you the scans of the article.

rdgs

Clive