Antiques Roadshow Military Models

robin craig

After I left this morning to do some work my good lady watched an episode of the program.

A gent came on with some very detailed large scale models of military vehicles that had been found in an basement of a UK museum that had burned to the ground 20 plus ago.

The presenter / expert believed that the models were of prototypes that never made it into production.

Im hoping to watch the episode if it re runs tonight.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

R

After I left this morning to do some work my good lady watched an episode of the program.

A gent came on with some very detailed large scale models of military vehicles that had been found in an basement of a UK museum that had burned to the ground 20 plus ago.

The presenter / expert believed that the models were of prototypes that never made it into production.

Im hoping to watch the episode if it re runs tonight.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

R

They were models of production vehicles built by Austin Motor Co. and having seen the programme twice, think they were found in one of the buildings at Longbridge plant. From memory, a K6 Breakdown Gantry, K6 Signals Body lorry, K2 ATV and a K5 Portee.....

I started a thread on this in 2008, check "similar threads" at bottom of the page.

Edited by Richard Farrant