Any Military Museums Near Harrogate?

Eden Camp near Pickering is not that far from Harrogate (north west). http://www.edencamp.co.uk/

If you are out that way this weekend, go to Pickering, it is the wartime weekend. We will be there with 6 or 7 WW2 US vehicles from Fri PM, camped at Beck Isle museum - behind the train station. This is a good event. Parking is a nightmare so go early on the Sat/Sun to have a chance of parking anywhere near; but the whole village goes '40s and there is always a ride on the steam train if you want to escape. Call in and see us for a cup of tea.

In fact, if you want a ride up in one of the vehicles, come to the workshop in Boroughbridge on Fri morning, you can kick the sherman at the same time.....

Regards

Ken

Edited by kpu121265
add web link

Eden Camp is a good site to visit but it is not immediately 'local' to Harrogate. The nearest place with a strong 'military' theme would be the National Royal Armouries museum down the road at Leeds. Well worth a visit if you fancy a bit of armour (as in the worn type) along with sections up to WW1. Various cannons etc. Some good displays of small arms and the 'steel tower' is quite a sight. Some good Living History type demos by the staff during the day. Free entrance, but not free parking. Not to be missed if you have the time/chance.

Eden Camp near Pickering is not that far from Harrogate (north west). http://www.edencamp.co.uk/

If you are out that way this weekend, go to Pickering, it is the wartime weekend. We will be there with 6 or 7 WW2 US vehicles from Fri PM, camped at Beck Isle museum - behind the train station. This is a good event. Parking is a nightmare so go early on the Sat/Sun to have a chance of parking anywhere near; but the whole village goes '40s and there is always a ride on the steam train if you want to escape. Call in and see us for a cup of tea.

In fact, if you want a ride up in one of the vehicles, come to the workshop in Boroughbridge on Fri morning, you can kick the sherman at the same time.....

Regards

Ken

I believe I have talked my wife, daughter and son-in-law in going to both Eden Camp and Pickering on Saturday. We leave for home on Sunday, so Saturday is the only option. It sounds like a good event and I'm looking forward to it. I've been to several military museums in the South of England in past years, but nothing in the North. Thanks for the information.