Tanks, trucks & firepower 2011

Phil P

If you are a part of a re enactment group or would like to put on a diorama or put on a display in the show arena then please book in through the official website. Only bookings received on the official website will be accepted and sufficient space allocated to you. I will also accept postal bookings on an official entry form. If you e mail me on hippo1944@hotmail.com I can e mail one to you. Please enter through either of these. If you booked in in any other form we won't know and so no space will be allocated.

Vehicle bookings should also be done this way. You will then receive an imformation pack and wrist bands etc issued. Also we will know you are coming and again sufficient space allocated.

Vehicle entries are already ahead of last years total on the day but we have tons of space available so get your entries in.

Phil:laugh: & Grumpy:-(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TANKS, TRUCKS & FIREPOWER SHOW IS STILL ON. There seems to be some doubt amongst some folks but it IS still on. We have regular monthly meetings to keep everything updated. If your are coming and putting on a display then please book in and tell us the size of your display. Vehicle owners can book in online. It takes as long as it takes you to type in the details. The website will then tell you are entered and a welcome pack will be sent out.

Advertising for the show is going out but we decided to put it out nearer the day. Place an advert in April and folks have forgotten it by July. Well I do!

There will be more toilets this year placed around the site. Last year they arrived on the Friday and we had to unload them on some hard standing. The Allterrain fork lift wasn't available so they stayed were we dropped them off. THIS year we won't have that problem. There will be showers again. We will be sending out wrist bands to entrants which gives you access to the site plus a discount in the bar.

Come on send in your entries either posted or on line. www.tankstrucksandfirepower.co.uk

Phil and Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Blue Red Blue.

I'm sorry you may not be able to make it to the show after all. I have sent I hope a private e mail to you but I thought I would put it on here as well. We have reserved a space for your display which we will keep open until two weeks before the show if you find you can still come.

If there is anybody who was joining up with the Falklands display and still wants to come or have yet to enter then please e mail me direct on: hippo1944@hotmail.com

Planning for the show is well advanced plus a site layout. Vehicle owners who have already booked in will have received there welcome pack by now. Wrist bands will be issued on the gate when you arrive. They can then be used for free access to the site and for discounts in the bar. This year you can buy alcoholic, soft drinks, tea & coffee in the bar area.

I will start posting regularly on this site to give updates. Don't forget you can book in on line at www.tankstrucksandfirepowershow.co.uk or e mail me direct.

Regards

Phil

ps Grumpy says hello.

Hi Stal108.

Cheers mate, that proves that the booking in system works. The site layout is already sorted with additional toilets around the site to save walking too far!! We have booked a small fair for a bit of additional entertainment during the day. We do recognise that not everybody in a family group may not be MV orientated and want something differant. The 'minitanks' are booked as they were very popular last year plus the 432 rides. The bangs will be even bigger and more spectacular than ever!!

If anybody wants to put on a display in the soft skin arena please e mail me so we can put you in the programme.

Phil & Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

Entries are still coming in but if you haven't booked in yet and you are coming then please send in your entries. Some folks have had problems e nmailing me using the show e mail address but you can always get me on hippo1944@hotmail.com

that addressis checked three times a day, Yes ok I'm very sad...sowhat!:laugh:

Phil. Grumpy says hello:) (You haven't got a grumpy icon.

• 4 weeks later...

Entries are still coming in with a few nice suprises. If you are a re enactment group and want to come but haven't booked in you can do it on line. Just go to www,tankstrucksandfirepower.co.uk and then follow the instructions. It's so easy I can do it!!

Don't forget if you are doing the Victory Show the following weekend you can do our show then stay over until the Thursday. That's when the portaloos go back.

Phil. Grumpys planning a suprise.........I think.

• 1 month later...

If you haven't already you can still book in on line at www.tankstrucksandfirepower.co.uk If it's after Wednesday 24 August 2011 you probably won't get a welcome pack posted out but you will be on the entry list. OR you can just turn up and get booked in. Please go to the booking in tent so we know you have arrived. It will be manned from Mid Friday morning, probably by me!!.

DON'T FORGET. If you enter our show you can stay over and then go to the Victory Show to save you travelling back home. If you turn up on Monday afternoon to stay over for the Victory Show we might just find you a job to do!!

Phil.

I'd better mention Grumpy so he doesn't live up to his name!

Anyone is going with russian vehicle? I will be there with my GAZ 69 stting a little display. It would be nice to stick together.

To organisers: In my booking form I ticked 'stay over for the Victory Show' box by mistake. Sorry! I will be going back home on Monday. :blush:

See you there guys.

If you haven't already you can still book in on line at www.tankstrucksandfirepower.co.uk If it's after Wednesday 24 August 2011 you probably won't get a welcome pack posted out but you will be on the entry list. OR you can just turn up and get booked in. Please go to the booking in tent so we know you have arrived. It will be manned from Mid Friday morning, probably by me!!.

DON'T FORGET. If you enter our show you can stay over and then go to the Victory Show to save you travelling back home. If you turn up on Monday afternoon to stay over for the Victory Show we might just find you a job to do!!

Phil.

I'd better mention Grumpy so he doesn't live up to his name!

Hi Phil,

I've sent you a Private Message, any chance you could get back to me.

Cheers,

Scott

A big big thank you to all those vehicle owners re enactors and enthusiats and members of the public for braving the weather to attend Tanks Trucks & Firepower Show at Dunchurch. The forecast said Saturday was mixed but Sunday and Monday ok. The internet weather check on Monday for Dunchurch said high white cload and 19c. We did this check stood on the show site and it was cold and dull!!! Wah.

These last two years have been a sharp learning curve for the committee. A very special thank you to Mr Edwin Baker for allowing us to totally disrupt his farm for nearly three weeks for the show. Thats one week set up and one week tear down plus the show.

Once again a huge thank you to all those who showed and supported us.

We WILL be back next year same time same place and bigger and better.

Constructive comments and criticism are always welcome. That's how we can only get better so please post them on here.

If you will excuse me I'm off on the IMPS Pas de Calaise tour for a rest.

Phil Palmer on behalf of the Tanks Trucks & Firepower Show Committee.

ps. Just a quick note to the vehicle owner who called the Steward in the Booking In tent a 'bloody prat!' amongst other things, your imput is NOT required. How ever if you would like to write to me in private and apologise then I will pass it to the lad involved. The guy doing it had volunteered so I could have a break. WE know who you are.