Hello from Brize Norton

jonesy

Just joined this great looking forum after lurking the board for some time.

My name's Neil Jones and I'm an mechanical aircraft engineer working on C-17's at RAF Brize Norton. I've been in the mob for nearly 11 years and I have a big passion for aviation photography.

However, I also have a very big interest in getting a Willys Jeep asap. I can't explain why I want one as I've never driven one nor even sat in one but I have a dream of getting one before 6th of June next year and driving it to Normandy for the annual celebrations and laying a wreathe on the grave of an unknown RAF airman at Bayeaux.

So expect my second post to be in the wanted section and probably countless posts in the jeep section asking numerous silly questions.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hi Neil

I am the Area secretary of the North Oxon and Cotswolds MVT and we have one of your collegues from Brize who is a member. We have a meeting this Thursday at Hook Norton brewery visitor centre. You are welcome to come along. I am sure we will be able to give you some pointers as to getting a Jeep.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the invite but unfortunately I am working nights for the rest of the week. The joys of being a shift worker. I can't believe I'm refusing a chance to have an ale!!

I will try to make a meeting so that I can ask members lots of questions about Jeeps.

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Neil

I am the Area secretary of the North Oxon and Cotswolds MVT and we have one of your collegues from Brize who is a member. We have a meeting this Thursday at Hook Norton brewery visitor centre. You are welcome to come along. I am sure we will be able to give you some pointers as to getting a Jeep.

Tim

I Neil, welcome to the forum, I am the area sec for the North Staffs Area MVT, if you dont find a suitable Jeep (And I would reccommend that you dont buy one untill you have experienced the drive) try to attend that meeting, I am sure that someone will be only too happy to let you share the costs for a trip to Normandy, and if you are really lucky, allow you a drive of a Jeep........ then you will definitely want one.... good luck. If you struggle, contact our area, quoting me. :kissoncheek: