Gaiters Snow MkII

airportable

Just back from local car boot with a bag of 'goodies'

Mint pair dress shoes 1989 (my size) other bits. But my question is about the pair of gaiters.

Think they may be late 80's or 90's NSN 8415-99-977-9502, any one know for sure?

What I really want is a 70's-80's pair, any one know what the NSN I would need to keep a eye out for or how they differ?

Thanks. Andy.

Just back from local car boot with a bag of 'goodies'

Mint pair dress shoes 1989 (my size) other bits. But my question is about the pair of gaiters.

Think they may be late 80's or 90's NSN 8415-99-977-9502, any one know for sure?

What I really want is a 70's-80's pair, any one know what the NSN I would need to keep a eye out for or how they differ?

Thanks. Andy.

Hi,

The 70s / 80s snow gaiters canvas and leather mk1 are made of thick Khaki Canvas with no zip or fastening that slip over the foot and have a tie string on the top with grey leather straps to go under the sole of the ski march boot, very hard to come by, I have a pair not sure what markings they have though there packed away at the moment I'll have a look when I get time.

Dan

Thanks again for the info. Dan, the info. is great. I know what I'm now looking for, a pic. when poss. would be fantastic. A pair is needed to be correct at a cold, wet event of Falklands era.

Andy.

Andy

No probs mate I'll try n get some pics up tommorrow if I'm able to post pics,

if not pm me your email addy n I'll send them direct.

The pair I have are the only ones I,ve ever seen in the flesh, was looking for ages before I actually found a pair.

Dan