BSA/Chore Horse 300w charging set

Wiggy

I have just bought a BSA 300w charging set. Its complete & looks good. It didnt have a spark but that was just the points. One of the valves was stuck so I free'd it off, But now I need a Head Gasket. Does anybody know where I can get one. I have heard here is somebody over Norwich way but dont have any details.

Thanks alot, I will give it a go

I'm on this forum as well, we have 2 or 3 of the BSA sets and got a batch of gaskets made up for them.

Let me know if you still need one, the old one is usually able to be re-used at least once, just tighten the head bolts evenly.

There is a manual for the set here:

http://www.howardengineerium.co.uk/Images/BSA%20Charging%20Set%20Manual.pdf

Peter

Edited by listerdiesel

I'm on this forum as well, we have 2 or 3 of the BSA sets and got a batch of gaskets made up for them.

Let me know if you still need one, the old one is usually able to be re-used at least once, just tighten the head bolts evenly.

There is a manual for the set here:

http://www.howardengineerium.co.uk/Images/BSA%20Charging%20Set%20Manual.pdf

Peter

Unfortunately when I took the head off part of the gasket was stuck to it & the rest to the barrel.

thanks for the link, I managed to find that site a couple of days ago. Its nice to see that not everybody tries to charge an arm & a leg for pdf manuals.

If there are any gaskets available I would like one please. PM me the details & I will send payment off ASAP

Thanks

Adam

To answer both questions:

Originals could have been copper/asbestos or composite. We have had only copper/asbestos on our own engines.

We had a batch of 10 gaskets made to a pattern supplied by us, by "Gaskets To Go" in Thailand, run by John Baker, and American.

All three batches (Petter PU8, Onan W3 and BSA) have been good quality and work fine. We have had a bit of rough finishing round the fire ring on some, but hasn't affected their performance.

I'd certainly use John again, but if anyone wants to go direct, always send a pattern gasket so he can use it for punching the holes correctly. That's what we did and they are fine.

Gaskets are a fiver each plus £2.50 for Recorded Delivery.

PM me with an address and I'll sort them out.

Gaskets to Go has a website: http://www.gasketstogo.com/

Peter

Edited by listerdiesel

Got both PM's, thanks.

I'll be out of the factory for a day or so, but will try and get them off to you tomorrow, check they are OK before sending any money. We will be going to Inverness and back on Tuesday, so will be offline for a day or so.

(Wiggy: I'll be putting a compliment slip in with the factory address for a cheque)

I'll have to dig ours out of their hibernation!

We took one to Nuenen year before last and it ended up in the Wings of Liberation Museum at Best, near Eindhoven, they also bought a load of our other WWII stuff off us. Still have 2 or 3 knocking about.

Peter