GMC Tavern

Barn

Not sure which way to go with the project. I would like to keep the original look at the front and maybe put a pick up bed on the rear, if I use the original cab the doors may be a problem.

I have had it running now and even had a little drive, its only done 19000 km / 1400 Hr.

This weekend I am going to start working out what I can keep and what needs to be removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Barn, saw you registered on the 3500HD site too. I'm rebuilding one of these Taverns using the cab from a standard Chevy pick up. I plan to keep the bumper, push bars, chequer plate etc to keep the military look as well as painting it Nato Green, but with the chevy cab it will be a practical and usable truck. Maybe not one for the purists, but a fun, functional and interesting vehicle all the same.

I've been short on time the last couple of months so haven't dont too much on the project, but I plan to get into it more over the next couple of months and get the two trucks stripped down (the Tavern is now stripped, but the donnor checy needs taking apart), painted and back onto the Tavern chassis.

Keep me posted on your plans. Rich