Just to introduce myself,im andy i live in Glasgow and im currently in the middle of restoring my 1939 hillman minx to hopefully something that looks like an early raf staff car.IM also a member of Karl Edmondson s group 665 AOP whose main toy is the mark v auster TJ398, i believe some of you guys know Karl.This is my first attempt at this kind of restoration so ill be picking your brains gents and any help would be very welcome, im a school bus driver and the car was found lying on a farm in ayrshire,we had no sooner got her on the back of a transporter when two blokes turned up hoping to get it and turn it into some kind of a hot rod by chopping the roof off!. So she was saved from that fate and i hope to get her back running again.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Love to see some pics. Good luck with the restoration.

Is this pic. of a car at W&P the same as yours. Sorry dont know my cars!!

Andy.

id say that this car may be a bit earlier than mine but i think its a hillman? wouldnt say no to its rear lights though! im looking for a set like that, mine got lost somewhere

Thanks for that, just thought it looked a great car, would just love to go off on my hols. in one. Propper motoring.

:-) :-) :-) I have done just that........but many years ago, early 1950's, my father's car was a 1937 Austin Seven, smaller version of one pictured. We went on holiday with it several times, 180 miles was an all day journey and usually eventful !

The shows I go to are down this way(south).

Bunker bash

war and peace

imps show

plains tour

overlord

thats the kind of thing we want to look into, dont know how it works down south? but up here some shows will help you out with fuel expenses etc, how does it go for you guys when you go to these places? as you can imagine to come from scotland would cost us a mint?