Humber Scout F199036

lssah2025

Does anyone have contact info for this Humber, "well owners", I thought it belonged to a museum, but I don't know which one, I am trying to get their chassis number to compare F***** numbers... Any help would be appreciated..

Lance

2695427789_3fe3751d52.jpg

Edited by lssah2025

Does anyone have contact info for this Humber, "well owners", I thought it belonged to a museum, but I don't know which one, I am trying to get their chassis number to compare F***** numbers... Any help would be appreciated..

Lance

I knew the owner, having done a lot of work on this vehicle. It does not belong to a museum. The owner was living in the Channel Islands at the time, I did see him in Normandy last year.

Thanks for the info, I saw pics on your website of the work on the wheels/brakes I assume. I was only wondering about his vehicle number because my frame number appears to be either 8533936 or 8533836, the last few numbers are a little hard to read. With the 3936 that would put my vehicle number at F199036 (same as his) or F198936. So if his frame number was known I could make sure that I was not duplicating or trying to find info on the wrong vehicle.

Cheers,

Lance

From what I've found the serial numbers work like this: Chassis numbers and ‘F’ numbers appear to be linked. Chassis numbers started out at 8530000, The last four digits are the vehicle build number. So our HSC would be vehicle 1039. (Chassis number 8531039) this is added to the base ‘F’ Number of F195100. (this was the prototype vehicle from 42) This therefore gives an ‘F’ number of F196139. This appears to apply to the first contract and is verified by Bovington records. Second contract vehicles I am not sure of yet. they have F numbers in a block of 25's.

Edited by lssah2025

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...
On 1/21/2011 at 1:14 AM, lssah2025 said:

Still looking for contact info for this owner to find out his chassis number, anyone?

Could you tell me where one can find the chassis number on a Humber and a Dingo Scout car, by any chance? (PM?)