Latest Addition ! FH70

Hi All,

I have just picked up an FH70 to add to the collection and looking for a good complete dial sight and some new seats.I have tried Marcus and Bannisters with no joy.

If anyone knows where I may find these parts I would be greatful.

Anyway this is it !!

Rob.........................rnixartillery.

DSCF4427.jpg

53842.jpg

nice piece of kit!!!!

What is the APC in the lat pic?

Mark

The APC in the pic is a prototype built be Vickers called a 'VALKYA' it belongs to a guy I know who also has the Vickers Mk11 advertised on Milweb at the moment.

Rob.....................rnixartillery.

Rob - superb, always fancied one of these but never had space to store it or anything to tow it with.

I once got collared at an army dinner by an RA major who helped develop it and I kid you not he spent the best part of 2 hours telling me why it was such a fantastic artillery piece !

Now all you need is the tractor to go with it..

Rob - superb, always fancied one of these but never had space to store it or anything to tow it with.

I once got collared at an army dinner by an RA major who helped develop it and I kid you not he spent the best part of 2 hours telling me why it was such a fantastic artillery piece !

Now all you need is the tractor to go with it..

Timbo,

I only bought this gun because I think it was reasonably priced,the FH70,s have increased in price slightly over the past couple of years.

This will due to its size live outside ,I won't be looking for the tractor to tow it as my guns rarely leave home so I have no need for it.

Rob........................rnixartillery.

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob

Nice FH70 I have one meself . Not spoken in a perverted way but i would sleep with my FH if i could get it in the bed but that aint going to happen as the Mrs is allready peed off sharing the bedroom with all me other bits .

Anyway bud i have heard of a complete fh 70 parked up and waiting for the scrap man to arrive ??? but the down side to this is it is at the BEA systems factory near usk where they make shells for guns .

I have rang them with a veiw to getting in and buying the thing but i keep getting a bird on the phone who seems to have something stuck in her mouth ??? So i am sending a letter them to see if that will work , if i do get a reply and a chance to veiw it i will give you a ring or drop you a line and you can come with me to have a look and maybe get the bits you want .

But about 2 months ago there was a chap selling the dial sights or direct fire sights on milweb now if you can find out his number by asling milweb to look at past adverts you might be lucky he was asking about £75 for the boxed ones i think .

But if you hear of a Brake master cylinder for the FH 70 i need one of them, But in the mean time i will ask a few for what you need and will let you know.

boomboom

I think I have found a complete FH 70 that is going to be broke for spares shortly so all parts will be available ,when I hear more I will let you know.

Sleep tight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2:

Rob..................................rnixartillery.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Rob

Just to let you know I have the bits you need (seat.battery box /ect ) and i will swap you for a gun layers seat ,,,,,, I didnt know you where on HMVF and i just came off the phone to you ........its me old age creeping in ? good to hear from you mucker anyway drop me a line and i will sort the seat out at this end .

Cheers Bud

Boomboom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob

The van picked up all the bits you wanted for the gun I have left the steel cage that surrounds the battery box so you could even carefully cut the bad frame and replace it with this one as it is like new,,,,,,,,,,,,,still looking for some sights for you and will let you know dude,,,,oh and by the way i have heard today of a cheqcoslovac anti aircraft gun made by the scoda gun company i think its about 50s or 60s era on four wheels and is ready for towing i think the guy said it was 30 or 35mm:cool2:

boomboom

Yes

Many thanks Rob i forgot to tell you what with all thats been going on this and last week.

The update on the kit that went missing ( they shadowed it to a european port allong with other kit but lost track of it) break down in comunication. so on that note i be getting p**sed

Pete:nut:

• 5 weeks later...