s3 109 ffr problems

blue red blue

Not sure about the 4WD lever. Bit will depend where it has become detatched.

Starting.... Before you buy anything. Have you checked that both batteries are ok? Electrolite level, a good charging, check charge in each cell, ( a battery eloct. hydrometer is a fair indicator of condition) Check all battery leads, remove, clean and refit. Not a bad idea to smear with vasaline AFTER connecting to battery. Earth connections are important. Had a problem with mine early days. After checking above if problem still there then check solinoid.

Hope of some help.

Andy.

Hi. Not thinking straight, too early in the morning!

Getting back into two wheel drive.

Just push the high/low lever forward and return to rear. The 4WD knob should just pop up. i.e. out of 4WD.

Unscrew the yellow knob, locknut. Lift off the spring, the little cover plate that rod passes through should be held by two screws. Remove, can you see where the problem is?

Not coming out of 4 wheel low? 1 Remove yellow knob from top of low ratio lever. 2 Remove spring 3 insert large washer over the low ratio selector 4 replace spring and knob 5 work high ratio lever back and fore. Works most times.:-D The low ratio return spring wears through the botton of its mount and won't push back up. If youhave a particularly stubbourn b***** run in reverse a few feet before operating high ratio lever.

Batterys need a proper tester, your local car shop should have one. Repalce with a matched pair.

think its stuck in 4 wheel drive high.

as for starting, just put 2 new batts on, no change my moneys still on solonoid

could well be linckage full of crud. That's another favourite. Try running backwards and forwards a few times, that can persuade them out.

would appear its the starter motor, so... where do we get a 24v one?
Oh dear. Sure you have not got a earth problem before you track one down? I thought at one time this was a prob. with mine, fitted new solonoid ( lucky not expencive) did not cure the prob. Found as I remember a corroded terminal which was simple to sort out.( I have a Airportable) Before you pay good money for a 24v starter have it checked out, not in the trade now. But folks who do lorry 24v stuff should help and may be able to service it for you if required. This is the reason why if I get a sniff for 24v 'bits' I ALLWAYS follow up the lead, hence I have spare everything in the shed including starters.

Dont live near Stafford do you?

Andy.