Fox feathering throttle

markbg

Hi

I've noticed that when moving off from a stationary position I have pump the throttle up and down a bit to get the fox going - it sounds like its going to stall when you move off but everything is ok when on the move

Its not the fluid coupling as i know about this now andcits not a big problem but im wondering where to start investigating this?

cheers

Mark B

Hi

I've noticed that when moving off from a stationary position I have pump the throttle up and down a bit to get the fox going - it sounds like its going to stall when you move off but everything is ok when on the move

Mark,

This was always a problem with Fox throughout its service life, on the first major exercise, a unit who was one of our "dependants", went through a heap of gearboxes, through the driver's slipping the busbar pedal as the engine faltered on pulling away, resulting in major wear of bands in the lower gears.. Mods were initiated, consisting of jet changes and minor things like that. I recall several mods covering this over the years. A Fox's appetite for replacement gearboxes was largely due to this fault. Finally, near the end of service, a redesign of the base of the carb was made and problem was more or less solved.

Thanks for the replies if it was standard behaviour for awhile then ill leave it for now its not a big problem and i wouldnt know how to modify the bottom of the carb either

ill make sure i oil the linkages anyway after digging around ive done most already ;)

almost ready for Headcorn just the comms set to get in..