S2a Ambulance Refurb.

tyler

Hello again all, I bought this 1972 S2a 109" Marshalls bodied ambulance about 2 weeks ago. The seller bought from a mod surplus dealer in 1999 and then drove over the Alps to northern Bosnia to deliver aid in it, since then he has done 20.000mls using it as a daily driver.

Since I have had it I have fitted a new water pump, removed the gearbox ready for a replacement to be fitted as only 4th was working. The owner had used one side of the rear compartment to store aid by folding down the strecher carrier and turning it into a shellving, and the other side was his sleeping area along with adding some strip lights and power points etc for devices for the journey to Bosnia so these have all been removed to return it to its service spec.

So far I've managed to purchase 2 ex Dutch forces roof top vents, as from most of the pictures of examples in preservation I've seen they seem to have been all removed.

I've pressure washed it to remove all of the flakey paint and found 2 coats of gloss Green (spray), 1 satin Green(brush), 1 Green(brush) and Black(spray) and a Green(brush) turned olive and a marking on the front and rear drivers side which is LOND / 76 (any ideas on meaning)?

I am not sure on its service life history as I only have the military reg which was 07FL46. Ive found 3 pic's of these in service all the rest are post service life. Can anyone tell me what paint schemes and theatres these were painted and used in?

1leucharsmrtbasecamparr.th.jpg

24969980007fc8bfac09.th.jpg

dsc07613m.th.jpg

2760131793b73e447928o.th.jpg

I will post pics and updated tomorrow.

Thanks

Tyler.