Dodge WC11 at W&P

Nick Johns

After 3 months hectic restoration work we got the 1941 1/2 ton Dodge WC 11 Panel van to Beltring, still not finished yet, but it created a lot of interest, it would appear to be possibly the only complete original one this side of the pond, aint many left in the US either, now considered to be a bit of a rareity because there were only 360 built !

Had some luck in the stalls, found a pair of NOS King Bee marble reflectors for it

wc11 & 4 DODGE 062.jpg

wc11 & 4 DODGE 061.jpg

Edited by Nick Johns

well done nick

dodge is looking great and i`m so glad that it went to a worthy owner how knows how rare this is and is restoring it back to it`s former glory ,i would have never got round to doing it ,love to see the finished result next year ,did you find the photo off the net before it was saved and was still untouched ???

cheers

jonny loot

john gray

well done nick

dodge is looking great and i`m so glad that it went to a worthy owner how knows how rare this is and is restoring it back to it`s former glory ,i would have never got round to doing it ,love to see the finished result next year ,did you find the photo off the net before it was saved and was still untouched ???

cheers

jonny loot

john gray

Thanks John, quite a few m/vehicle collectors saw the Panel van at W&P, and realised its rareity, none knew of another one though, here's the pic I found on the net of it derelict 10 years ago in the US, its amazing it has survived

DodgeOldVan.jpg

Edited by Nick Johns

Thanks John, quite a few m/vehicle collectors saw the Panel van at W&P, and realised its rareity, none knew of another one though, here's the pic I found on the net of it derelict 10 years ago in the US, its amazing it has survived

There is another (unrestored) one in the Netherlands.

Wildenberg mv parts dealers have one.

See pic, bad quality though.

WC11instelling.jpg

Yes, yet to see it but its the WC19 Radio van

i had the same thing ,there are radio vans about but they are slightly different in the back ,this wc11 will look cracking when finished .......

other radio vans i know of are in manchester,belgium and the netherlands ,i did`nt know of the norfolk one

jonny loot