Anyone own ferret 02CC38 - Pic Available

Fugly

Just been sent a nice pic of 02 CC 38 Mk1 ferret in the Gulf War with the 16th /5 lancers. If they owner gives me permission I will post it on here . He said :

"The engines where great nice and quite,drank alot as the sand took alot out of the poor things,tyre dug in loose sand and i got stuck a few times,but for the 3 months i was out there i had only 3 break downs,one was a gearbox,other was batteries,and the third was somthing small i car`nt remember.

I can remember that we got 5 ferrets out of mothballed(i think thats what its called)it was a 1956 model,i mean using them in a war in 1991,but they was better than a landrover as in protection.we where using them as run abouts getting info from squadrons and letters etc with a young Lieutenant,but when it came to war the SSM had then and gave there landrovers up,nice move.

We modded them a lot with extra bins on the side and cages ontop of the engine part,Once a Challenger tracked use down, and said we looked like a Russian BRDM !!!!!!Which the iraqies used.

":-)

Jim

According to the register, it belongs (belonged) to Patrick Van Haecht.

Although it was advertised for sale on Milweb last year. It was located in Germany so must have been - Holed! :cry:

Matt