Ferret fire fighting bottle

keefer1236

Hello all

can any one advise me if it is possible to get an original C02 extinguisher bottle replaced/refilled for Ferret.

I know the original bottle has a metal disc fitted that is pierced when the fire fighting handle(s) pulled....I have a standard 7Lbs C02 extinguisher fitted at the moment...i would like to fit original equiptment if poss...cheers in advance.

Keith Hembley

Ferret MK2/3 03 CC 29

Hi Keith, I put this same question to the Ferret group sometime back and a member said it was the same disc setup as used in current fire suppression systems in race cars. I then asked the gentleman who services the fire extinguishers where I work and he said it was likely he could fill it but would have to see it first. That is as far as I have gotten with it. My guess would be that whoever works on it will will require an updated hydrostatic test to be sure the high pressure bottle is safe. Good luck. Regards, Bob

Hi Keith, I put this same question to the Ferret group sometime back and a member said it was the same disc setup as used in current fire suppression systems in race cars. I then asked the gentleman who services the fire extinguishers where I work and he said it was likely he could fill it but would have to see it first. That is as far as I have gotten with it. My guess would be that whoever works on it will will require an updated hydrostatic test to be sure the high pressure bottle is safe. Good luck. Regards, Bob

Thanks for the reply....i'll do some investigating along these lines and will share any info i get....cheers Keith

Ferret MK2/3 03 CC 29