How to put a 21x12 tent together???

Lord Burley

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi thier,

Dont have pics but if you look at the sections one has rope loops and the other will have eyelets and a single tie off rope.

Start at the top, pass the first loop thro the eyelet, next loop thro the next eyelet and the previous loop, pull down to tension. Carry on as above until you reach the bottom and use the single strand to secure the last loop. If i remember rightly you may or may not have cover flaps to wrap around once it is laced together to provide better weather closure. Usually with toggles. It makes it much easier if you make sure the normal door type openings are laced up prior to assembly. If it is brand new old stock prepare to smell really bad after you have finished crawling around in and under it !!!!:-D

Just make sure the inside is inside as it were, one of my mates managed to put one together

in a funny way once.:blush:

Hope this helps

Regards

Tim

Yep spot on, it is called Dutch lacing by the way.

One thing before lacing ensure you have the correct hole to start with and all match up. The amount of times I have seen soldiers starting wrong then when they get to end have a hole left over and a space at top and have to take it all apart again.:nut:

Gary