Historic Commercial Vehicle Museum

I see there's a behind-the-scenes documentary about the BCVM on the box tonight (BBC4).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00scr08

It sounds as if it is focuses on new blood wanting to make changes against the will of the established old guard. No doubt things will be edited for entertainment value, but it may be worth watching if you are involved in a museum or running a club.

(Heading should be British Commercial Vehicle Museum! - if mods could amend, please)

Edited by Runflat

Interesting, but a bit sad. I felt great deal of sympathy for the museum director. Doing anything with other people can be a pain in the neck sometimes. I cant imagine that sort of thing happening amongst like minded military vehicle collectors - oh hang on a moment, hmmm.

What a fascinating program.

I always hankered after running some sort of industrial museum, but doubt I ever posessed the right set of skills, and for sure I no longer have the patience required!!!

Quite sad in many respects, not least of which is 'where are all the youngsters'? Having said that, where would we be without those 'old boys'?

What a fascinating program.

I always hankered after running some sort of industrial museum, but doubt I ever posessed the right set of skills, and for sure I no longer have the patience required!!!

Quite sad in many respects, not least of which is 'where are all the youngsters'? Having said that, where would we be without those 'old boys'?

Tony could I be in charge of the Scammell archive in your museum please ? I'll be good , no sulking honest ! It was an interesting programme I agree ! What a shame they didn't see eye to eye ! :cry:

Actually, i am not too sure about that sausage roll either. Three minutes in a microwave would ruin it i think.

Didnt see much vehicle restoration at the museum. do they actually have a workshop there?

There is a transport museum near me and all i hear about is infighting and disagreements between the people who work there. It sounds like a smaller version of the British Commercial Vehicle Museum. A shame, but that is human nature i suppose.

Great programme!

Not much focus on vehicles but still kept me watching.

The infighting was both funny and sad at the same time. What a pity that when we visit we won't come across Errol the real character in the canteen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00scr08/Behind_the_Scenes_at_the_Museum_Commercial_Vehicle_Museum/