JC - Live from Pilsen....

As some of you know - the 2nd Armoured group are on tour commemorating the liberation of Pilsen - Czech Republic.

Jim Clark and his Sherman are there too and Jim has been keeping me up to date daily with events the people he has meet there - it sounds like a once in a life time trip. QUITE FRANKLY - I DON'T CARE AND IN NO SHAPE OR FORM JEALOUS..........

Jim has sent me through some pics and he will have more in his return!

Incidentally, The Pathfinder Magazine have the exclusive on the tour and we will be producing a pull out supplement of the tour in TPM and a DVD too! So stay tuned for that. But by the sounds of it Jim and Jason and the Sherman have been treated like royalty as it is the first Sherman to be back there since the end of the war.

Some pics

The gentleman in the picture - Left the son of the General who was head of the 2nd/16th armoured who liberated the town and then went on to have a face off with the Russian. Right - a veteran who was the in the first Sherman that rolled in to Pilsen - I believe he is 92 years old but Jim will correct me on the above if I am wrong.

094.jpg

098.jpg

This is Jims Sherman and the writing on the side roughly translates has first we liberated Pilsen, next mother Prague and was taken from an historic picture and recreated here, exactly.

097.jpg

096.jpg

Local who can remember the Americans rolling into town..

086.jpg

087.jpg

085.jpg

Vehicle shots

095.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

089-2.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

088.jpg

084.jpg

Got this one very late last night with the message - 2 bottles of wine + camp fire = perfect...

083.jpg

Hallo Jack,

nice pictures from my home, think it was big and nice show!

I send few pictures from my side "Token Force" Czech/British re-enacment group,

Tomas

As some of you know - the 2nd Armoured group are on tour commemorating the liberation of Pilsen - Czech Republic.

Jim Clark and his Sherman are there too and Jim has been keeping me up to date daily with events the people he has meet there - it sounds like a once in a life time trip. QUITE FRANKLY - I DON'T CARE AND IN NO SHAPE OR FORM JEALOUS..........

Jim has sent me through some pics and he will have more in his return!

Incidentally, The Pathfinder Magazine have the exclusive on the tour and we will be producing a pull out supplement of the tour in TPM and a DVD too! So stay tuned for that. But by the sounds of it Jim and Jason and the Sherman have been treated like royalty as it is the first Sherman to be back there since the end of the war.

Some pics

The gentleman in the picture - Left the son of the General who was head of the 2nd/16th armoured who liberated the town and then went on to have a face off with the Russian. Right - a veteran who was the in the first Sherman that rolled in to Pilsen - I believe he is 92 years old but Jim will correct me on the above if I am wrong.

094.jpg

098.jpg

This is Jims Sherman and the writing on the side roughly translates has first we liberated Pilsen, next mother Prague and was taken from an historic picture and recreated here, exactly.

097.jpg

096.jpg

Local who can remember the Americans rolling into town..

086.jpg

087.jpg

085.jpg

Vehicle shots

095.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

089-2.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

088.jpg

084.jpg

Got this one very late last night with the message - 2 bottles of wine + camp fire = perfect...

083.jpg

100_1436..jpg

DSC_0322..JPG

P5022485..JPG

IMG_1919..JPG

100_1431..jpg

100_1432..jpg

100_1434..jpg

100_1430..JPG

100_1564..JPG

DSC_0315..JPG

DSC_0316..JPG

100_1435..JPG

DSC_0328..JPG

IMG_2988..JPG

IMG_3001..JPG

IMG_1998..JPG

DSC_0344..JPG

IMG_2705..JPG

IMG_2728..JPG

IMG_1999..JPG

nice photos, interesting that the Sherman with the chalk marking "freedom"-"to prague" etc seems to be an M4A4 of some sort a gun tank not generally used by US 2AD in Europe -only for training and the odd transfer from the British.

nice photos, interesting that the Sherman with the chalk marking "freedom"-"to prague" etc seems to be an M4A4 of some sort a gun tank not generally used by US 2AD in Europe -only for training and the odd transfer from the British.

Hi Steve,

oh, its not my M4A4:D,

think it was group from France,

I like much more "Firefly"

Tomas

Tomas

thanks for the info - not intended as a critism -any Sherman better than none -so the chances are it's one of the M4A4(T) type that was in service in France from the 1950s to early mid 1960s, they had a radial engine like a Sherman 1. The other shermans look like a retracked Grizzly, probably from France too and a 105 howitzer M4 which would be appropriate for US forces liberating Pilsen.

Fireflies are pretty rare outside museums- but I'm really surprised the Czech tank museum has not acquired some Shermans.

Steve

As mentioned at the start of the thread, the M4A4 is Jims and is an ex-SPTA target. Now fitted with a radial but not an M4A4T per se as it is not a French conversion.

Hi Steve,

one Sherman is in military museum Lesany and one more go to Pilsen ZOO park(!!!)

Tomas

Just had a call from Jim and he is on his way back. Sounds like he had an amazing time but trouble with the Sherman today by the sounds of it - I hope he can fix it for A&E.............:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: