Malaysian trekking

fesm_ndt

I had to drive 3/4's of around Malaysia today, from the East coast, accross the top and down the west coast to view some vehicles.

Noticed these pillboxes overlooking strategic river crossings. Not sure how old but looked like not abandonned long ago as the second one we saw was in an Army camp at the next river crossing.

Also we saw a statue of a big elephant on the side of the road, then realised statues don't start walking accross the road :D

[ATTACH]26063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26061[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26066[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26062[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26064[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26067[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26065[/ATTACH]

Edited by fesm_ndt
too tired forgot attachments

nah no piccies, it was a bit like "why is there an elephant statue in the middle of nowhere" and the "its not a statue", "its not a statue". Was a male one.

We had been warned not to travel these roads at night as they apparently wander all over the road, which I heard but wasn't overly concerned. The bigger concern is the log trucks, idiot drivers, excessive speed and complete lack of adherence to road rules

@fesm_ndt ; Cool bunker, I want it in the garden...

For your garden gnome collection :D

Found out they were built during the comunist confrantation 1948 to 1960 and 1967 to 1989

Checkpoints to prevent movement during curfews