Fishbourne, Chichester show - worth going?

Fishbourne, Chichester Show 4/5/6 August is it worth going to? Info on their club site & entry form doesn't give much away. Its just that with a heavy vehicle one has to make judgements of worthwhilieness versus distance & fuel consumption. I don't have much info to go on, anyone been before?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jack, yes I did. I was just posting a comment for future reference as you popped up!

The pig ran very well & the electronic ignition is an asset. The site was near a Tesco but it was not easy filling up. Apart from the maneuverability problems, the pump cut out on me I had to queue up to tell the cashier, who rather grumpily told me there was a timer & I had taken too long. I explained that I had two tanks & I was still on tank number one. When it cut on the second tank, I took the hint that it was nature's way of telling me I have spent enough on fuel.

In case anyone considers it next year. It was worth going to, 35 MVs maybe, number of useful contacts made with the public & although I only knew one other exhibitor they seemed a friendly lot to mix in with, which makes all the difference. In evening a bonfire & good firework display, laid back & enjoyable except the problems that many shows have:

1. PA system, so we have to have music played down it most of the day.

2. Several exhibitors dogs just allowed to run around not on a lead.

Steve

I did take quite a few pics but I am afraid they were all of the Generator No.1 fitted to a Champ for an article I'm doing. But nothing else I'm afraid. Thinking about it it would have been a good idea. So that anyone who missed out this year could refer back to see the sort of venue/turnout when contemplating next years calendar. Sometimes when events clash provided the rival event is worthwhile, I try to rotate a bit & it would help having a preview for us all to get a feel of events we missed.

But I take very few pictures at shows these days. Even at Beltring I took quite a few pics of just one vehicle (a very rare EOD Rover) I was apparently so engrossed in it that I failed to notice two Roadsure girls walk by :roll: