Folks,

Just had a good chat with Adrian S and suggested that I start a Q&A thread with regards to A&E - for instance will there be a low loader/recovery vehicle on hand for any tank/armour breakdowns etc etc.

A&E is a major deal with regards to all the finer details of a tank event and like most things there is more than you ever thought of and I may not of thought of them all. If I don't have the immediate answer - I will get one.

So here's the board to ask any questions or concerns!

We need designated recovery vehicles, I have hollebones and adaptors for all likely participants, a low loader available and agreed procedures for recovery at the various points on and off road.

Most importantly, we need the people prepared to do it and all to be aware of the score!

Apart from that, no further questions!

We need designated recovery vehicles, I have hollebones and adaptors for all likely participants, a low loader available and agreed procedures for recovery at the various points on and off road.

Most importantly, we need the people prepared to do it and all to be aware of the score!

Apart from that, no further questions!

Good point and we do have it covered. We intend for a commercial recovery vehicle to be on hand. And we intend to have a low loader too so that we can make a full recovery if we need to.

In fact we have many options. We have two WLF coming and Heliops is an ex recovery guy so is fully experienced in such things. If I am honest I do not know the legalities of using a WLF as a recovery vehilcle - I am guessing there are bound to be some.

Also from the Allied Forces team - Jason is bringing his DT with Jims Rogers trailer - I haven't asked Jim yet if there is a possiblity of maybe using that out fit if we need too.

* the other option is if a tank does break down - we just shunt it into a ditch........:whistle:

You shouldn't tow Shermans far without disconnecting the propshaft, It would be better to transport if more than a half mile or so. Regarding a commercial recovery outfit, it would be better to have someone conversant with tank recovery to a degree or at least an open mind!

New question, I'm bringing a veteran, which day would be best to attend on, this one is for adrian to answer as well really.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul - Saturday will be busy when we run into town and Sunday we drive down into the village of Maiden Newtown and seeing the organisers tomorrow so would like to arrange a 'parade' of the tanks as we come down.

Any day would be a good day as may be the veteran would feel like joining us on the Saturday convoy?

Hi peeps.

Ref the recovery question -

I would suggest the WLF option is best suited to removing a vehicle to a point of safety -

In other words - get it out of the way, especially if it is blocking a main route.

I doubt the Police will object to me or Mike assisting with our trucks to remove an obstruction.

Markheliops

Hi Paul - Saturday will be busy when we run into town and Sunday we drive down into the village of Maiden Newtown and seeing the organisers tomorrow so would like to arrange a 'parade' of the tanks as we come down.

Any day would be a good day as may be the veteran would feel like joining us on the Saturday convoy?

Sounds good:)

Paul