Technofreak, A Romantic One

Hi all,

in various other English speaking forums, mainly with aircraft background, I am known as "Romantic Technofreak". I wanted to register as this here too, but somehow the romanticism in the name failed to become accepted, and so only the second part of my chosen nickname may show my freakish affection to technical beauties and curiosities of all kind. My give name is Holger.

Once I started to collect pictures from the internet because hotlinking for the other forums sometimes did not work any more - the original site had disappeared. I had to open an image account on my own, and I found out what fine (and cheap!) pleasure it is to search the web for appropriate pictures.

It happened that I got fascinated not only by aircraft,but by land vehicles too, including military ones. So the collection grew, but not always there was a usable picture designation.

And this is the reason why I am here. Every now and then I need help for identification of military vehicle types. You can be sure that I already did my best to find it out otherways before I start a request here.

Fur my purposes, I have to say that I find the following rule a bit strict:

Members may only post images/txt on the forum if they own the copyright to them or have written permission from the copyright owner to publish them, in posting images on the forum you are confirming that you have these rights to post the images/text.
I am not going to copy pictures from books at all, if there is a copyright remark or not. I only want to show pictures that have been already uploaded to the internet. I mean to remember years ago there have been discussions about the unauthorized spreading of pictures in the net, but, when on both side no economic interest existed, nothing fruitful evolved.

So it is questionable how strict you want to handle this rule. To get the written permission for any picture is impossible or impractical, and the expect that anybody complains the simple publishing of a simple picture I consider being very little. I nearly can't imagine that it ever really happened.

So, I hope we can go ahead without any trouble.

Regards, Technofreak

Hi all,

in various other English speaking forums, mainly with aircraft background, I am known as "Romantic Technofreak". I wanted to register as this here too, but somehow the romanticism in the name failed to become accepted, and so only the second part of my chosen nickname may show my freakish affection to technical beauties and curiosities of all kind. My give name is Holger.

Once I started to collect pictures from the internet because hotlinking for the other forums sometimes did not work any more - the original site had disappeared. I had to open an image account on my own, and I found out what fine (and cheap!) pleasure it is to search the web for appropriate pictures.

It happened that I got fascinated not only by aircraft,but by land vehicles too, including military ones. So the collection grew, but not always there was a usable picture designation.

And this is the reason why I am here. Every now and then I need help for identification of military vehicle types. You can be sure that I already did my best to find it out otherways before I start a request here.

I am not going to copy pictures from books at all, if there is a copyright remark or not. I only want to show pictures that have been already uploaded to the internet. I mean to remember years ago there have been discussions about the unauthorized spreading of pictures in the net, but, when on both side no economic interest existed, nothing fruitful evolved.

So it is questionable how strict you want to handle this rule. To get the written permission for any picture is impossible or impractical, and the expect that anybody complains the simple publishing of a simple picture I consider being very little. I nearly can't imagine that it ever really happened.

So, I hope we can go ahead without any trouble.

Regards, Technofreak

Welcome aboard, we all like photo's here, the more the merrier.

Post away!

Edited by antarmike

Welcome to the forum...

I only want to show pictures that have been already uploaded to the internet. I mean to remember years ago there have been discussions about the unauthorized spreading of pictures in the net, but, when on both side no economic interest existed, nothing fruitful evolved.

Copyright material is copyright material... simple..

We are very strict on copyright issues & will remove any stuff that may lead to legal action against HMVF.

In fact the owner of this board was involved in a copyright issue himself many years ago that cost him, that is why we are so strict

I nearly can't imagine that it ever really happened.

Just recently a member posted some copyright material from another website, the owner of the material found out, he was less than happy & joined the forum & made a post stating so, even then no apology was for coming from the member who posted the material.

In the end after speaking to the website owner he kindly agreed to let the stuff remain as long as it was credited to him.

So the bottom line is that if it is copyrighted & you do not have permission to post then don't, if we become aware of it the material will be removed without notice.

The odd one or two photos that slip through we can live with, but as you have made us aware that you intend to post copyrighted material we will be watching:-D

All members have to abide by the forum rules... although we allow use of material on this website as set out in the rules,we would be less than happy if large amounts of HMVF's material started showing upon other websites .

Not sure what happened to your username? but I've now changed it...

Edited by Marmite!!

Thank you for changing my ID, safariswing, and thanks for the welcoming words.

I don't want to argue, and I know that you know exactly what you are doing. Thanks for telling me what already happened. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely NOT my intention to break laws and rules, and it is definitely NOT my intention to post copyrighted material. I want to post pictures I found ONLY on freely accessible sites like flickr.com, where other people post pictures

A) they have shot themselves and have no objections that they get spread further

B) in good faith that they are not under a special copyright reservation.

If I ever see a copyright mark attached to a picture or a website, I shall not post it right away but contact the owner first. But, as much as I know about such people, if they are really concerned about their copyright they also know what they are showing, so I guess a following request to this forum would be highly improbable.

And if I should have made a mistake, I would be sorry about that. Then it would be the best thing to remove the picture a/o the posting.

Regards, RT

welcome Holger. I am right behind the Mod's here. While I post pictures here freely and donate all my pictures to several re-enactment groups I play with. It is galling to see yourpictures in commercial magazines and other sites claiming to be their's. Even an acknowledgement to the group would be nice. As for any photos of your own, please post. This place is like a world wide showground.