What MV will fit

MichelK

Question

Hi folks,

I'm planning to buy an MV and I need some advice

I'm from the Netherlands and I'm one of the guys who contributes to the fact that the Dutch are the longest people in the world

My length is 1.98m or 6.5ft and I'm wondering what vehicle would be the best choice to buy because of my length

I'm only in possesion of an car driving license so truck's or motorcycle's are not an real option

In the Netherlands you are allowed to drive an vehicle with an GVW of 3500kg with an car driving license

Has some one had similar problems or experiences with this??

Any suggestions ? :help:

MichelK

Nice vehicle! no shots of the left side. Do you have a gap bettween body and spare wheel?

The later vehicles were all tweleve volt, supposedly to allow radio fittment and reliability.

Chasis number should be up on the front drivers sidenear front spring hanger. A lot of vehicles were re-built, re-furbished in Europe for local use, and to Korea so there will be some changes.

If you have the chassis number we may be able to date her more closley. The Walter P Chrysler Museum have copies of most of the build cards.

They look remarkable like free wheel hubs on the front. Mines Ex Norwegian and I've often wondered if the hubs were standard fittment for the Norwegians.

Edited by Tony B

Very nice Dodge, indeed. There are, however, some ex Norwegian additions to it (see picture). The free wheeling hubs were not a Norwegian army addition. I've been to 4 auctions of Dodge WC51/52's in Norway in the 80's and 90's and not a single Dodge had them installed. I find it difficult getting your money back for the cost of buying and installing a set, taking into consideration the few miles we drive each year.

Goran N

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35475[/ATTACH]

Dodge-WC51-as-WC52_ex-Norway_small_600.jpg

Edited by GoranWC51
attachement missing

To fill in some of the questions

I have an picture of the left side, however not at the correct angle

So it is not possible to see if there is an gap

I will check for the chassis number

The free wheeling hubs are an modification of the previous owner, original the vehicle was fitted with the "solid" hubs

Along with the vehicle, there came some additional items, including the old hubs

The free wheel hubs, where an little more economic in his opinion

Question for the Dodge lovers among us.

At the left side front fender there is an sirene / flashing red light combination fitted

Is this an item that could be found at an WW2 Dodge :undecided:

And if this was possible, where was it used for ?

Michel

Looks like a typical KTR addition . . . . ;)

H.

well the vehicle belonged to an KTR member so that would fit ........:-D

Concerning the other modification, like the mirrors and blinkers

For my own safety and and perhaps also for the safety of other non-MV :drive: I leave them on

Along with the additional rear lights

To get back to the serial number, according the car registration papers: 81559904

Michel

That is an early chassi number.

what is early :undecided:

From the info I have, they started numbering at 81529001

And I know they did not use all following numbers for the WC52, however there are still enough numbers left

Michel