Some interesting Ex-military vehicles on here Russian and German , A Faun ( I think )

Make one wonder why they didnt do something about the conditions rather than keep dragging everything through that bog! Even the bulldozers and the tracked vehicles got stuck I guess when they had drive line problems ?

Perhaps they were waiting for winter .

I had seen the first video before. That is not a construction site but a road...:shocked: and that is how they become in the Spring when the snow melts. If you recall the Wehrmacht had the problem of roads becoming impassable during April and May and horses even drowning in the mud... Could they do something to prevent it? Probably yes, but Russia being as big as it is, there will always be a road somewhere that would look like that, simply because it is not econominal to do anything about it.

You have to admire the determination of the drivers and the strength of these trucks to put up with this sort of stuff on a daily basis, :bow:maybe just one more wet log over the cab would have helped..:-D

Something went wrong...

Should show this to the Ministry examining chaps who say Russian tyres are no good Mate ! :wow:

Heard tell they really wanted to use Scammell Explorers on bargrips for this work, but couldn't find any divers skilled in prop-shaft greasing.

Does make me wonder how any bar(non)grip fitted British MVs would fare in that environment, it seems grip and flotation is every thing there.

Something went wrong...

The "tank transporter" is indeed a faun, in fact the SLT 50/2 Elefant. Supposedly,it can carry vehicles/equipment weighing in at 52t. The GVW is about 92t. (at a speed of 40km/h) or 87.5t if one wants to go somewhat faster (about 60km/h). 324 were delivered between 1977-79. I think they were fitted with a 29,900 ccm MTU turbo-diesel (Type MBN837 Ea500) which provided some 730 bhp .