Hi, Invincible Mick from Wolverhampton

Owner of Scammell Pioneer recovery since 1981. I think I've got the hang of the gears now. Don't know how I ended up with a military vehicle, but there you go Im quite settled with it now.

Started off on Traction Engines in the early days and moved on to lorries. Scammell has been restored since 2000 and has done mainly local rallies bar the two trips to Normandy (2004 & 09). Like to put it to a bit of use and have regularly unloaded Tracton Engines, craned things and once took trolleybus to the town show, plus winching out the odd tree and of course helping out with the RBL's Poppy Appeal

Look forward to a few more years with her yet, hope to see you around at the shows.

Mick

P.S. it's the Scammell thats called Invincible.

Is this on the main coast road from Arromanches?

Mick

It's on the road from Pegasus Bridge heading out towards Hermanville if I remember correctly. I didn't realise at the time but I believe Paul Wallace was on the Ward.

It's on the road from Pegasus Bridge heading out towards Hermanville if I remember correctly. I didn't realise at the time but I believe Paul Wallace was on the Ward.

Paul Wallis may be in the Scammell and Nigel in the Ward. I am not sure from the photo, but you are right on the location as we left the Jeep at camp. Whole crew was 5 of us, Paul Wallis, Nigel Dain, Mike Harrison, myself and son Richard.

Here is one of Paul's jeep hanging around in the square of Douvres la Delivrande on June 6th

DSC01604.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome Mick, nice Pioneer, great name Invincible, was that used in service?

Thanks for the compliment. The name came from someone who took a look while it was being worked on and described it to his father who was in the R.E.M.E. for National Sevice and he told him they were invincible, so I thought "his words not mine" and so it stuck.

Here are a few pics at Onslow Park Rally 2008 when she wasn't so Invincible as the ground got the better of her grip, although we were pushing 23 tons plus the gear drag up to this point for over half a mile. Even on the front we couldn't get a grip so the loader was put on the front of the Sacmmell and then at the back to pull the Fowler into its allotted place. Great fun though!

DSC00252..jpg

DSC00246..jpg

DSC00254..jpg