Asia Motors Jeep

fesm_ndt

they also made a clone of the kaiser m715

yep it's fairly hard to get info on them. Most the running gear is similar to the Rocstas.

I toyed with getting one of these a few times. The wife still wants one..... so maybe. For a daily driver:

- I would have to ditch the front window

- I guess find the jeep canvas and frames that fit.

Last I looked they were fairly cheap maybe 1500 quid. I haven't discussed it with the guy for a while.

Last I saw he had 4 left. The radiators are missing but most the bits can be scrounged of a Rocsta.

I am due a junkyard fix so will go ask if you want.

yes please, I dont supose you know what shipping to uk would be would you?

mark

For a 40ft container it was around 2000 quid, but obviously don't need that much space. I am getting a quote at present for some stuff from the UK so I'll let you know.

Typically the biggest costs are from the port to the destination ie roadfreight in the UK so if you can pick it up it save a heap. In Malaysia to get it trucked down costs about 300 ringget which is peanuts as the junkyard is 200 plus kms away.

I'll go up on Friday and have a look and take a 1000 photos. Hopefully he has some other goodies in. This particuliar yard is a nice guy.

I still haven't got a shipping price yet, that time of the year :argh:

So I am going to the junkyards tomorrow, morning.

I saw this one for sale here the other day. works out to 2331 quid, pity he has changed the lights though

[ATTACH]18187[/ATTACH]

The Stonefield diesel is 3171 quid...... The Roman Brasov trucks are 2610 .... BSA M20 4700 quid A few other bits but I can't recall. Never know you can fill a container :yay:

Edited by fesm_ndt
correcting my spelling mistakes

Ok these are the last 3 in this yard. Pretty rough but mostly there.

Being open air during its life there is floor rot etc.

At today’s rate:

1 = 1200 pounds

3 = 2400 pounds (was haggling with him a bit as the last one could be cut up for spares, well that’s what I'd do with it).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20748[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20747[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20746[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20745[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20744[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20738[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20736[/ATTACH]

• 4 years later...

Hi Mark,

Just wondering if you would be able to share the location of this junkyard with me...I have been interested in one of these Asia jeeps for a while, and am wondering if they may have one lying around somewhere...

I spend my time between melbourne, Port Dickson and KL, and the idea of fixing one of these up in a standard GP fitout would be interesting.:nut:

Abel

Ok these are the last 3 in this yard. Pretty rough but mostly there.

Being open air during its life there is floor rot etc.

At today’s rate:

1 = 1200 pounds

3 = 2400 pounds (was haggling with him a bit as the last one could be cut up for spares, well that’s what I'd do with it).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20748[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20747[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20746[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20745[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20744[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20738[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20736[/ATTACH]

The very nice ones in the first post is in the Kerling yard... but he is not worth visiting.

The others are in various yards in Ipoh. All of them need lots of work, rust repairs and cannot be registered on Malaysian roads.

I should of bought 2 a few years back, but jumped into another project