"Ford 1500 Weight" - Offical Designation

JoelH

If it was British built it would be a Ford WOT2, otherwise it could be a Canadian F15. Can you get more details such a windscreen? If you want more details about a WOT2, I do have one and can send a photo. Please PM me.

The desert bit doesn't help as they used both British and Canadian 15 cwt Ford trucks there. Main difference is that the British WOT2 is rear wheel drive only, and the Canadian 15 cwt is four wheel drive.

Try him with this photo, which is my Ford WOT2 truck, to see if it helps.

truck_at_home.jpg

The desert bit doesn't help as they used both British and Canadian 15 cwt Ford trucks there. Main difference is that the British WOT2 is rear wheel drive only, and the Canadian 15 cwt is four wheel drive.

Try him with this photo, which is my Ford WOT2 truck, to see if it helps.

truck_at_home.jpg

The Canadian truck came as F15, which was two wheel drive, and F15A, which was four wheel drive. Standard CMP (Canadian Military Pattern ) trucks which were made by two main manufacturers, Ford and Chevrolet, and three different cab styles, 11, 12, and 13 cabs.

Dodge did prototypes, at least of a two wheel drive 13 cab CMP, but no quantity production as they were producing thousands of 15cwt and 3 ton conventional cab trucks..