Renault 1914-1915

mcspool

Hi I knew of an old barn like you say ''If anything, it shows what is still hiding in barns!'' in the mid eighty's I was working up Wolsingham and there was this old barn that had no main doors as they'd been blocked up , and covered in ivy only a small window to look in ,, I was sharp to ask a chap that lived nearby what was with the old barn , his reply was go and have a look , there peering through this small window with only little light was an old car with wicker basket type running boards and snake skin sides , It's a Bean there's only 6 built he's been offered a blank cheque for it , but would not part with it ,,,,,,,,,, ten years passed and and got to return to do some more work in the same place , I was quick to look over at the old barn only to see that the roof had collapsed , so asked if the old car was still there ,, the chap was really sad saying that youngsters had got into the barn and had been smoking , the place had burnt down , the owner was still offed over 100K for the little remains that was left of the car , I do not know if he sold it or not as there had been a large fence put up and access looked difficult , bit of a sad story but like you say they're out there

There was an ad in the french CU magazine as well about one year ago, if I remember well he was asking 20K for it. Not sur whether he sold it or not, but it sure is a nice piece of iron and they don't make 'em anymore!

Marcel