VTST's hard luck story.

agripper

I see the the Vulcan to the sky trust have the begging bowel out again. this time they are after £ 800,000.00 by the end of March next year. They have a breakdown of cost on the site. Dont wish to seem thick but dont quite understand the breakdown. Love to see it fly but have only seen it fly once since the rebuild out of all the times it was down to fly.

That aeroplane, like all large aircraft, will have horrendous running costs. Fuel and insurance alone would be enough to make most people give up. I think you can be pretty sure that no money is being mis-directed to anybodys pockets. They were to be fair beset by a few unfortunate circumstances. Apart from none of the news agancies taking any real interest in it's first flight (pretty disgusting considering all the hard work gone into it over the past ten years including fund raising) who would have thought that it's debut show, the mighty International Air tattoo that attracts visitors the world over, would be cancelled?!

I still haven't seen it fly but would love the oppourtunity.

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to see the RAF looking after the vulcan again. that way you would know any money given would go to the aircraft and not lost on executive pay. Not sure how much does go to saleries on the vulcan trust but if they drew a wadge that was just enough to keep the wolf from the door and at time when the sponsorship imporve then run it as a profit bussiness.

In my opinion the RAF should sort the Vulcan out. Heritage is important. Unfortunately the powers that be will not allow them sufficient finances to conduct their current commitments, so this would probably difficult for them to justify.

I think you should have a choice where your tax monies are spent. I would happily pay every penny of it to our valiant armed forces, rather than asylum seekers, benefit cheats, and Africa!!!!